Tuesday, November 23, 2010

23/11/2010 Taman Indrahana Toastmasters Club

This time, both me & Mike went to Taman Indrahana Toastmasters Club meeting as a guest. It's kinda cool when there's lot's of members attending the meeting. 1st, it makes you feel cool. 2nd, it replicates stressful moment. The more audiences, the more pressures, because it's in our innate nature to avoid embarrassing ourselves in public, just like how a driver adopt a conservative approach on the turns to avoid accident.

In this meeting, Mike assumed the role of GE, at the 11th hour. As usual, I'm the 1st person to speak in Table-topics session. When I introduced myself, I told everyone present that I need to find for internship. Ms Yap Choi Woon, who is the club committee member told me that her company(Alcom) accepts interns for a small pay. I was overjoyed, as usual. Another Taman Indrahana member, CC Chan Weng May told me that UOB too accepts interns and she adviced me to send resume online. SO, I got one-and-a-half internship opportunities.

At the end of the meeting, Mike solicited for advice in order to rejuvenate our club. One of the method given was to organize speech-craft events to help people get into speech-making.

No comments: