Wednesday, November 24, 2010

23/11/2010 HICT-UTTC Meeting

For the 1st time, we have witnessed a healthy number of people
attending the club 'away' event. Thank goodness for that.

They're six people attending this meeting, which is:
1.CC Mike Cheang, President
2.CC Alan Tan, VPPR
3.Vincent Thong
4.Tee Heng Shen
5.Durjoy Ahmed a.k.a. Adil
6.Ben
7.Jamie(former HICT TMC Member, transferred)

The members that assumed role are:
1. Mike, for Speech Evaluator
2. Jamie, for Speech Evaluator
3. Alan Tan, for Ah-counter

The only person who made project speech was Vincent Thong(who gets the
best project speaker award).

Vincent has made tremendous improvement in his project speech. Some of
the improvements are: Shorter pauses, less 'undesirable' hand gestures
louder & clearer voice and 'smoother' speech. This is significant,
despite the fact that he have done it 'away' from 'home'.

Jamie has done his 1st evaluation(assuming he does not made any
evaluation in other club meeting I did not attend) and he does not
made any major mistakes, and Mike also has improved in his delivery,
where his voices are more louder and clearer.

As for me, I've done my best for my Ah-Counter role, as this my 3rd
time I've done it. The recent time was KL Advanced Toastmasters
meeting in Cisco Office, KL Sentral on 15/11/2010. The only aspect I
need to improve is to acknowledge perfect speaker.

After the meeting, I and Heng Shen discuss about the club's issues in
order to rejuvenate the club, without deviating from the club's goals.

No comments: